November 11-13, 2016 – Harrisburg, PA
Join together for a weekend of of fun, learning and new friendships. This event is recommended for those currently on-diet or wanting to get back to the PKU diet.
The weekend will focus on learning more about PKU and improving diet management skills. Plus…a fun trip to Hersheypark!
Friday, November 11, 2016
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm – Registration with Vendor Booths
Saturday, November 12, 2016
8:30 am – 4:00 pm – Teen & Adult Focused Education Sessions
- The Science Behind Staying on Diet – Dr. Mitzi Grant, University of Pittsburg
- The Simplified PKU Diet – Kayt Marra, MA, RD, CDM, CCRP, University of Albany
- Communication and Personal Advocacy – Sharon Ernst, MPH, RD, CSP, FAND, Linda Leuffgan, RD & Rachel Flar, Reimbursement Specialist
BREAKOUT SESSIONS (Attend 3 Sessions)
- Contemporary Issues for Adults with PKU
- Life On Campus for Teens & Young Adults with PKU
- Meal Planning and Healthy Eating
- Finding Low Protein Foods at Your Local Supermarket
5:00 pm – 10:00 pm – Trip to Hersheypark for Dinner & Rides (optional)
Sunday, November 13, 2016
8:30 am – 12:00 pm – Low Protein Cooking Workshop
Spend the morning in small groups learning new low protein recipes and simple techniques for preparing delicious low protein meals in minutes. Rotate through a variety of stations, each with a personal recipe guide and tasting! This workshop is going to be unique and delicious!
Don’t Wait: BOOK YOUR ROOM
We have a room block for just $95.95 per night!
ENTER GROUP CODE: PKU1116 The special discount rate is available until Oct. 7th.
- Free Airport Shuttle
- Refrigerator in each room
- Large in-door pool
- Restaurant on premise
- Close to Hersheypark
Questions? Contact Sandy.Simons@nutricia.com